Stevie's Stuffed Peppers
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 1 c water
- 6 green or red bell peppers
- 2 8 oz cans of tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 – 3 cloves chopped garlic (depending on taste)
- ½ cup chopped onion
- salt and pepper
- basil, oregano, parsley to taste
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Place rice and water in a pan and boil, reduce heat, cover and cook 20 min.
- In a skillet, cook the beef until evenly brown.
- Remove & discard seeds, tops, seeds, and membranes of peppers.
- Arrange peppers in a baking dish (hollow sides up, slice the bottoms a bit so they stand firmly).
- In a bowl, mixed the beef, rice, 1 can tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, onions, garlic, salt, pepper.
- Spoon in an equal amount of mixture into each pepper. Mix remaining tomato sauce and Italian spices in a bowl and pour over the peppers.
- Bake 1 hour in preheated oven, basting with sauce every 15 minutes until peppers are tender.
Give us a call : (519) 446-2687